- Vacation Rentals
- Register/Renew Property
A Vacation Rental Owner, Agent, or Responsible Party, as applicable, registering a Vacation Rental must submit a completed Registration Application, all its required documents, and applicable fees to the City in person, via regular mail (2055 South Patrick Drive), or by emailing Vacation Rentals section. Please note that all applicable fees must be received prior to the application review process.
If the registration form is incomplete, the registrant will be notified of the deficiency by email and will be allowed fifteen (15) days to provide any missing information.
The Vacation Rental Certificate shall be valid for one year after the date of registration. All renewal notices will be sent out via email or regular mail to the addresses provided on the application only. Further information can be found on the Renewal page.
- Submit the Application: Utilize the Vacation Rental Registration Checklist (PDF) to ensure all documents have been obtained. The suggested order to work on your documents is as follows.
- Apply for all State and County licenses.
- Obtain a copy of the lease agreement you provide to all your guests. Be sure to include the required information found in the Vacation Rental Ordinance Number 2018-05, Section 10-145. You may also utilize the Lease Agreement Addendum (PDF) which includes some of the required information. Be sure to include the sketch of the off-street parking spaces with the following statement on it. "No On-street Parking Permitted"
- Obtain your proof of property ownership at the Brevard County Property Appraiser website. Search for your address and print the page. If the property is owned by an LLC, please provide ownership information found on Sunbiz.
- Complete and notarize the Vacation Rental Registration Application and Affidavit of Compliance (PDF). Also available is Agent Authorization (PDF).
- Review Vacation Rental Registration Checklist for other applicable, required documents and fees.
- Submit all documents in person, via regular mail, or by emailing Vacation Rental Section. If emailing, be sure to include the property address in the subject line of the email. Please note that the review process will not start until all fees have been received.
- The Building Department will contact you via email or phone to set up a date and time for an inspection.
- The Building Department and Fire Marshall will contact you via email or phone to set up a date and time for an inspection.
A Vacation Rental Owner must renew their registration annually prior to the expiration date of the previous Vacation Rental Registration and is subject to an annual inspection and applicable fees. An updated Application and Affidavit of Compliance, renewed/current State and County licenses, and the $350 renewal fee must be submitted to the City with each renewal.
The Vacation Rental Certificate shall be valid for one (1) year after to-the-date of registration. All renewal notices will be sent out via email or regular mail to the address provided on the application only.
A $100.00 LATE FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO ANY RENEWAL APPLICATIONS THAT WERE NOT SUBMITTED OR COMPLETELY SUBMITTED BY THE RENEWAL DEADLINE.
ANY APPLICATION THAT HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETELY SUBMITTED AND PAID FOR BY THE EXPIRATION DATE WILL BE TREATED AS A NEW APPLICATION, FOR WHICH THE FEE WILL BE $500.00 AND INSPECTIONS WILL BE REQUIRED.